University 301: Embracing opportunities
University 301 is a class for students interested in becoming assistants in UNV 101 classes.
Students in UNV 301 benefit because they can:
- Sharpen their ability to facilitate and speak in front of groups
- Develop leadership and mentoring skills
- Gain classroom teaching experience
Teachers who work with UNV 301 students benefit because they can:
- Recommend teaching assistant(s)
- Utilize an NKU student expert to connect with freshmen
- Provide mentorship to UNV 301 students
In addition, UNV 301 benefits students enrolled in UNV 101 because UNV 301 students are there to provide support and guidance in and out of the classroom.